- Five (5) absences will result in an F for the course regardless of your other performance in the course. In this situation, you are advised to drop the class.
- Two latenesses equal one absence.
- The University attendance policy in the Towson University Undergraduate Catalog states: Absences will only be excused if you: (1) have an illness or injury precluding you from attending class; (2) observe a religious holiday that prevents you from class attendance; (3) are required to participate in a university activity by a recognized authority; or (4) experience a compelling, verifiable emergency beyond your control.
- Acceptable written documentation must be provided to verify the reason for your absence. Examples: physician’s note, traffic accident report, court summons, hospital bill, death notices, obituaries. Providing documentation does not guarantee an absence will be excused.
- If you know that you are going to be absent on a particular day or days, you must turn in any assignment due during that time period AHEAD OF TIME.
If you miss class or you are late for class, it is your responsibility to catch up by contacting a student in the class.